Join us on the 29th April 2018 for a unique opportunity to walk in the stunning private grounds of the Holywell Estate, by kind permission of the Earl and Countess of Clarendon. Enjoy the fabulous display of spring bluebells as you take a stroll
around the woodlands, river meadows and historic parklands situated in the new South Downs National
Park in the unspoilt rolling countryside of the Meon Valley.
Who doesn’t love a Bluebell Walk? These iconic wildflowers bring people from all over the world to see the distinctive blue carpeted woodland, displays like these in the UK every year.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Around half the entire Bluebell population in the world are here in the UK – they are relatively rare across the rest of the world.
- The Bluebell is protected under UK law.
- The first Bluebells are believed to have appeared in the UK after the first Ice Age. Their main habitat is Ancient Woodland.
- There is evidence to suggest that the sap from the Bluebell was used in the Bronze Age as glue to add feathers to arrows.
- Bluebells are also know as ‘Fairy Flowers’, English bluebell, Wild Hyacinth, Wood Bell, Bell Bottle, Cuckoo’s Boots, Wood Hyacinth, Lady’s Nightcap and Witches’ Thimbles, Hyacinthoides non-scripta
- Bluebells take around 5 years to cultivate from seed. If you plant Bluebells make sure it’s the English variety and not the very similar Spanish Bluebell as this non-native variety is threatening our famed wildflower.
Come along to The Holywell Estate, Swanmore, Hampshire SO32 2QE at 11am 29th April 2018 for this exclusive experience with all proceeds going to The Murray Parish Trust.
Entry Fee payable on the day only
Children under 16 £5
Families (2 adults, 2 children) £25
Includes a hot drink or squash. Please note CASH ONLY, no credit cards
Dogs welcome but must be kept on a lead at all times to protect the wildlife. Parking available onsite.
Grounds open from 10.30am. Walks start at 11am, last walk at 2pm.
Bluebell walk takes approx 1-1.5 hours and is set over approx. 3 miles.
Delicious on-site food available from Broughton Buffalo
£6 burger with cheese & onion, £12 meal deal – burger, sausage, garden salad. Plus other refreshments available too.
About The Holywell Estate.
Holywell Estate is very proud to be supporting such an amazing charity and thrilled to be working in partnership with The Murry Parish trust to present a series of exciting events here at the estate to raise money for such vital paediatric facilities across our own region.
Situated in the South Downs National Park within 900 acres of private land, Holywell Estate is a truly unique events venue offering a stunning setting for exclusive weddings, private parties, corporate functions & country pursuits.
“We hope that by not only offering the use of our grounds, but combining the creative minds of the events team here at Holywell with the remarkable work of the operations and fundraising team at The Murray Parish Trust, we will be able to make a significant contribution to their worthy campaign.” – Lord and Lady Clarendon.