GINORMOUS TEDDY BEARS PICNIC …
…..in the month of June you may well find a Ginormous Teddy Bears Picnic taking place! Now in it’s sixth year, our popular campaign continues to appeal to ALL ages and we would love YOU to join in the fun this year. By taking part, you are helping us to continue raising money to advance paediatric emergency medicine at Southampton University Hospital, ensuring children affected by major trauma have the chance to receive the best emergency care in the south.
Host your very own Teddy Bears Picnic at your school or nursery, youth group, sports club or hold a family event!
HOST YOUR OWN TEDDY BEARS PICNIC
We’re unBEARably excited to tell you all about the great stuff we’ve got planned for you and your furry (and non-furry!) friends, and can’t wait for you to get stuck in and enjoy a day of food and fun, all whilst raising money for The Murray Parish Trust. What could be simpler?!
We are inviting children and grown-ups from all over the South of England and the Channel Islands to host their very own Teddy Bears Picnic.
WHEN’S THIS EPIC BEAR-SIZED PICNIC GOING TO BE?
Our Teddy Bears Picnic event runs for a whole month each year in June so pick a date that suits you!
You could hold your picnic during your lunch time, anytime during the day or meet up after school. Invite your friends and family over for a picnic at the weekend or invite your teddy bears for breakfast! Whenever is best for you and your Teddy Bears!
WHERE’S IT GOING TO BE?
Anywhere you like!
Schools, pre-schools, nurseries, childminders, playgroups, offices, on the train… all across the south!
You could even host your picnic at the beach, in the local park or the garden. Basically anywhere you and your friends are!
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO TO BE PART OF IT?
Sign up and download your FREE fundraising pack with everything you need to get you started.
Let your friends know the details and start spreading the word! The more, the merrier! Remind your guests to bring along their favourite furry friend (that includes the grown-ups, too!) and a suggested £1 donation per person for our appeal. Sign up HERE
PICNIC TIPS & IDEAS
Here are some simple suggestions of how to make your picnic a great success on the day…
- Sing-a-long to the famous Teddy Bears Picnic song – you can print out the songsheet in our fundraising pack.
- Read a Bear themed story and hold an activity around it :
“Goldilocks and the three bears” – organise the teddies into Big Bears, Medium Sized Bears and Teeny Tiny Bears into groups and act out the story.
“We’re going on a bear hunt!” – read this popular story then take the children on a bear hunt of your own.
- Hide the teddy bears and try and find them or make a Teddy Bear treasure hunt.
- Build the biggest teddy bear mountain – take photos of all your piled-up furry pals and add them to our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds.
- Print out and colour in the pages in our fundraising pack – make a teddy bear mask or teddy bear bunting for your event.
- Make Teddy Bear themed treats for your picnic – such as Teddy Bear Cakes or Biscuits.
- Get the children to decorate the paper plates as Teddy Bear Faces before picnic time.
- Bear jokes – tickle your buddies pink with these bear howlers and send us yours, too!
- Drink plenty of water on hot days. Put on plenty of sunscreen and wear a hat.
- Join our Teddy Bears Picnic page on Facebook for picnic inspiration, recipes and find out about other events planned.
- Bear Talk – Make a short video of your bear talking! Tell us a bear joke or send a quick message for our local NHS frontline staff and keyworkers.
The most important thing is having fun with you and your little bears, make memories and have a great time FUNdraising.
TAKE PART IN THE TEDDY BEARS PICNIC!
We’re making it as easy as pie to be part of our annual FUNdraising event – you’re going to LOVE it!
The Ginormous Teddy Bears Picnic runs for the month of June allowing you plenty of flexibility to decide when and where best to have your picnic. The idea is to keep it simple and fun – just you and your friends, your beloved teddies and a yummy picnic. We want it to be as easy as possible to plan (whatever the weather!).
Sign up to download your fundraising pack crammed full of information and ideas.
Email us at [email protected] and share your ideas with us. We’d love to hear from you!
HOW TO PAY IN THE MONEY YOU’VE RAISED
The Murray Parish Trust
PO Box 163
Please let us know who you are and which picnic the funds raised are for!
Registered Charity Number: